Administrators can view basic information about their Network instance (version, time zone, default country, POD), but it is also where they can enable optional features for their Network instance; for example, candidate records, address inheritance, and searching Veeva OpenData.
- To view the settings for the Network instance, in the Admin console, click Settings > General Settings.
- To update any of the settings, at the top of the page, click Edit.
The General Settings page is divided into sections so administrators can easily scan the page to find the related setting.
Configure the settings for your Network instance.
To update the default country for your Network instance, in the Application Settings section, select a country from the Default Country list.
You can configure user searches to use either AND or OR logic. The default search logic, AND, searches based on all of the terms specified by the user. An OR search enables users to specify multiple terms and receive results based on any of the terms.
In the Search Settings section, click the Search Query Mode option and select a search behavior.
For information on how search works in Network, see Searching for HCOs and HCPs.
The session duration setting enables you to specify the amount of time that users can be idle before Network automatically logs them out.
The Session Duration section shows the current timeout setting. Click the Logout user after option and select a duration.
In each of the following sections, enable features for your Network instance. The available options might be different in your Network instance.
Data flow options
- Address Lines Construction - Enable this feature to reconstruct addresses to ensure that they are standardized to support requirements for downstream systems. For more information, see Address lines construction.
Important: This feature is not supported if you have the shipping address feature enabled in your Network instance.
Enable features that are located in System Interfaces > Data Maintenance.
- Enable Anonymize HCP Records - Remove personally identifiable data from HCP records. For more information, see Anonymize HCP records.
- Enable Delete Locally Managed Records - Update locally managed HCP and HCO records so the record state is Deleted. For more information, see Deleting records.
Enable Option To Filter Unsubscribed HCPs From Search Against OpenData - Prevent users from seeing HCPs that have been unsubscribed for specific reasons in search results. For more information, see Restricting access to unsubscribed HCPs from Search against OpenData.
Important: This feature cannot be disabled after it is enabled.
Attachment for DCR Comments
This setting enables data stewards and data managers to add image files to the Comments section on data change requests. Using images, data stewards can provide evidence for how the DCR was validated; for example, a screenshot of the website where they verified the data. The ability to provide images enables the users who submitted the DCR to understand the data steward's decision through the attached evidence, especially when DCRs are rejected.
- Enable Attachment for DCR comments - When this option is selected, data managers and data stewards will see a Select Images link in the Comments section on DCRs. They can click the link to add up to 3 images to each comment.
Use this setting to ensure that source subscriptions do not load records with duplicate custom keys.
- Reject Duplicate Keys from Data Load
This setting is enabled by default for Network instances created after version 10.0.
- Reporting View - Enable Network reporting in your instance. This setting determines whether the REPORTS item displays in the main Network menu bar.
Match against master download
This setting is only available if it has been enabled in your Network instance by Veeva Support.
This setting augments the Match & Download from OpenData option in source subscriptions and the Match against OpenData option in ad hoc match jobs. When the Match against OpenData option is used in those jobs, the match process first looks for matches to OpenData records that exist in your Network instance. If a match is found using any of the match rules, your locally managed record is merged into that Veeva OpenData record.
- Consider Records in OpenData Master - This setting directs the match process to continue looking for a superior match (meaning that a record matches uses a higher ranked match rule) in the Veeva OpenData master instance, even if a match has already been found in your Network instance.
Note: You must subscribe to Veeva OpenData for the country so those records are available for match consideration.
Multi master support
- Enable Multi Master Support - Enable this option if you want to use more than one master data source in your Network instance.
Data steward optimization
- Require Resolution Notes - Setting this option makes it mandatory that all data change requests (DCRs) have a resolution note.
By default, only rejected DCRs required a resolution note. When this feature is enabled, data stewards will see an error message if they try to resolve a DCR that does not include a resolution note.
You can specify the login message and associated user-controlled options.
In the Login Message section, review the current settings.
To display a message on user login, select the Enable pop-up login message checkbox.
At the bottom of the page, click Save.
The Login Message page displays.
- Type a message title and text to display in the login message.
Click View to see how the message will look on login.
- Click OK and then Save to return to the Settings page.
At the bottom of the page, click Edit again.
Select the Display "Do not show this again" option checkbox to enable users to bypass the message on subsequent logins.
To clear the login message, click Reset Message Visibility.
Save your changes.
- Search OpenData - Enable users to search against Veeva OpenData data.
Note: A subscription to Veeva OpenData for the country must be enabled for users to be able to search.
For more information on searching Veeva OpenData records, see Search against Veeva OpenData records.
- Export from search - Enable users to export search results from their Network instance to a .csv file
User interface options
- Map on Profile Page - Enable the map for addresses for the profile page.
- Map on Search Page - Enable the map for search results.
- Home Dashboard - Enable the administrator and data manager dashboards.
- Inbox View - Allow inbox users to save specific inbox configurations.
- Advanced Search - This feature is enabled by default. Click to disable Advanced search in your Network instance.
- Standard User Task Visibility - Allow standard users to see pending tasks on record profiles and revision history. Data change requests can be viewed as read-only.
- Enable Candidate Record Data Model Field - Enabling the field allows temporary records from data loads to be created so data stewards can verify the data quality before promoting the records as valid records. For more information, see Candidate records.
- Enable Address Inheritance Data Model Fields - Enable the data model fields so that Network can automatically apply the address of a parent HCO to its child entities for locally-managed records. For more information, see Address inheritance.
Sync with OpenData
If the Veeva OpenData subscription is enabled for a country, you can enable download of Veeva OpenData records in the settings.
Enable Sync With OpenData - Enable users to download Veeva OpenData records to their customer instance.
For more information on downloading records from Veeva OpenData, see Search against Veeva OpenData records.