Note: Network address inheritance is not supported for Veeva OpenData or third party master records.
When address inheritance is applied:
- By default, a set of fields are copied from the parent address with the exception of custom fields.
- Mandatory fields must be included when address fields are inherited.
- Address ordinals are not inherited from the parent address.
- Address inheritance runs when entities are updated through DCRs or data loads, or through scheduled refreshes.
- Address inheritance can be managed when data stewards are processing data change requests.
Enabling this feature
The following tasks are required to enable this feature:
- Veeva Support: Enable Network address inheritance.
Note: To use Network address inheritance with CRM, it must also be enabled in both CRM and the Network instance. A CRM administrator must enable and map the controlling_address_vod__c and controlled_address_vod__c fields to parent_address_vid__v and parent_address_sync__v, respectively.
The following activities are available depending on the user type:
|Activity||Standard User||Data Steward||Data Manager||Administrator|
|Run source subscription||
|Re-sync profile to addresses||
|View audit history||
|Manage address inheritance in DCRs||