Veeva Network uses a number of processes to ensure that the validity of address data doesn’t solely rely on an automated verification service. As part of the address cleansing process, Network uses a third party address cleansing service along with data steward assessment and intervention to ensure that addresses are validated effectively.
Regardless of the method of adding or changing addresses, Network provides the flexibility to validate, override, and revalidate addresses in the data change process. Validation can occur during data change requests Used to define how winning attributes will overwrite losing attributes resulting in a single customer record., updates from the Network UI, and updates as a result of a data load A record that has not yet been validated by a data steward.. Address verification for data change requests must be enabled by your administrator.
Note: Data change requests originating through the API go through verification automatically.
About address validation and parsing
In order to be validated properly (and subsequently matched in Network), addresses must be parsed into their basic elements (street, city, state or province, ZIP or postal code, and so on). Cleansed addresses are automatically parsed into Network's address fields and an address verification status is assigned.
The process of validating addresses can be affected by any of the following:
- An incorrect address might have been input by the user.
- Additional information might be provided in an address field (such as a company name).
- Addresses, by their nature, can be complicated (PO boxes, rural routes, directions).
An incorrect or non-standard address can lead to ambiguity in the validation results, and can often necessitate input from a data steward.
If the address has enough data, a formatted address is calculated by the third party cleansing service. For more information, see Formatted addresses.
Address cleansing is applied to Veeva mastered addresses and most locally managed addresses. Locally managed records that are flagged as externally mastered (subject to a third party agreement) and third party mastered addresses do not go through the address cleansing process.
Address verification statuses
Before validation, an incoming address will have a verification status of Not Verified (null) indicated in the
When you add or update an address, the address verification returns detailed information on parts of the address that could and could not be verified. This information is accessible when you add or update a profile or work within a change request.
When address verification occurs, Network stores the following values to indicate the level of verification:
- A - Ambiguous (Incomplete): Multiple addresses may match the input. More detail may be required.
- DS - Data Steward Approved: The address has been overridden by a data steward.
- NS - Not Supported: The address verification service is not configured properly in the Network instance. Contact Veeva Support for help.
- P - Partially Verified: A partial match was made based on available data. The address may require more details for a full match.
- R - Reverted: The address could not be verified to the minimum acceptable level.
- U - Unverified: Not enough information is available to verify the address, or the information provided is invalid.
- V - Verified: A complete match was made from the available data.
Post-processing indicates the level at which address fields were verified. Network returns verification details for the following levels and fields:
- None/Country – country__v
- Administrative area – administrative_area__v
- Locality – locality__v
- Thoroughfare – thoroughfare__v
- Building – building__v
- Premise – premise__v
- Delivery point – postal_code__v, organization__v, post_box__v
On record profiles, the Address Verification Status field displays a tooltip so Network users can view a definition of the status.
Disable the address verification badge
The address verification status on summary cards can be disabled on custom profile layouts. The default behavior is for the address verification status to display if addresses have been verified by Network's third party cleansing service.
Disable the verification status
To disable the status from the summary card:
- In the Admin console, click Data Model > Profile Layouts.
Choose a custom profile layout. Only custom profile layouts can be edited.
- In the Addresses section, expand the Address object to view the list of fields.
- Beside Address Verification Status, click the Pencil icon to edit the field.
On the Edit Field in Addresses Section dialog, clear the Is Summary Field checkbox.
- Save your changes.
Users that are assigned to this profile layout through their data visibility profile will no longer see the address verification status on address summary cards.