Network Calculated primary affiliation
Designating primary affiliations are important for many business reasons; for example, some sales representatives are compensated based on the primary affiliation of an HCP that they sampled. Network can automatically determine the primary affiliation to ensure that records have these fields defined.
An entity can have only one Network Calculated primary affiliation.
Primary affiliations are tagged by their field label; for example Radiology Primary (Unique Checkbox) or Global Primary (Network Calculated).
Network automatically determines primary affiliation for the following cases:
- An existing primary affiliation is inactivated or a new primary affiliation is set to inactive (parent_hco_status__v= I).
- An existing primary affiliation is invalidated or a new primary affiliation is set to invalid (record_state__v = INVALID).
- An existing primary affiliation is not primary anymore.
If an existing primary affiliation value is set to False, that affiliation is excluded when Network recalculates primary.
Note: Network does not automatically recalculate primary if Veeva OpenData changes the master primary affiliation field.
Network actions that trigger primary affiliation calculation
Primary affiliations that are Network Calculated are automatically defined, for the cases listed above, during the following actions:
- Data load using source subscriptions
- Changes to records on the Profile page
- Processing data change requests
- Change Request API
- Merge and unmerge
During merge, Network determines the primary affiliation regardless of whether the primary was on the winning or losing record. When records are unmerged, affiliations that were defined as primary on each record before a merge are recovered. If there were no primary affiliations prior to a merge, a primary is automatically defined for the unmerged entities.
The following diagrams contains various scenarios and outcomes for setting primary affiliation:
One or more affiliations are set to primary
No affiliations are set to primary