System logs and auditing
Network logs enable you to view the history of user and system activity in Network, including performance indicators, change request activity, user searches, user login events, report queries, and Network configuration activity.
Network produces the following logs:
- System Audit History - displays FTP events and Network configuration activity, such as system settings changes, subscription configurations, and data visibility updates.
- Login Audit History - displays a history of user logins, success or failure statuses for each login, and password change events.
- Task Audit History - displays new and updated change request events, related task IDs, and and change request outcomes.
- Reporting Audit History - displays all queries performed through Network Reporting, their status, duration, and resulting row counts.
- Search Audit History - displays all Network search queries initiated by a given user, result counts, filters, and search origin; for example, Network Explorer.
The Log Data Retention page enables administrators to specify retention times for all audit data, after which its data will be anonymized.
Enabling this feature
Logs are available to users based on their role.
The following activities are available by default, depending on the user type:
|Activity||Standard User||Data Steward||Data Manager||Administrator|
|Access System Audit History logs||
|Access Login Audit History logs||
|Access Task Audit History logs||
|Access Reporting Audit History logs||
|Access Search Audit History logs||
|Configure audit log retention times||