View Network search activity
The Search Audit History page displays all searches that occurred against Network data, ordered by the most recent. The history includes search queries, related objects, fields, and filters, and result counts. Search sources include calls from the Network UI, web applications using the Network search widget, and the Network UI.
Administrators can access the Search Audit History page by clicking Logs > Search Audit History.
By default, up to 50 entries for the past day display.
Each search event includes the following information, which administrators can use during debugging to reconstruct user searches:
- Timestamp - the date stamp for the search event.
- Network User Name - the Network user that initiated the search. For sales reps searching in Veeva CRM, this is the name of the Network integration user that connects to Veeva CRM.
- Search User Name - the end user that initiated the search. For Network UI or API searches, this is the Network user name. For Veeva CRM searches, this is the field rep who initiated the search.
- Status - the resulting status of the search request.
- Found - the total result count for the search.
- Returned - the count of results returned on the page. This count is constrained by the number of results allowed by the pagination setting.
- Query - the search query provided by the user.
- Address Query - the address details that were entered by a field rep during Network Account Search on all platforms. Data will not appear in this column for events prior to Network version 18R2.0.
- Data Types - the objects searched: HCO or HCP.
- Origin - the origin of the search event. Possible values
Advanced Search: the Advanced Search dialog.
API: the Network API.
Concur: Concur Connector.
CRM: Veeva CRM.
Events: Veeva CRM Events Management.
Network Explorer: Network Explorer search bar.
Profile - Parent Search: Parent Search field on the search results page.
Profile Widget: a Network profile widget in a web application.
Search Bar: the Network search bar.
Search Bar - Typeahead: typeahead results from the Network search bar.
Search Widget: a Network search widget in a web application.
Suspect Match: a suspect match search from a profile page.
UI: an uncategorized search; this might appear as a duplicate event immediately before or after another event.
- Sub-Origin - the secondary source of the search. This field displays the web application name for widget-originated searches.
- Filters - any filters specified to refine the search results. Hover over a cell in this column to display the full list of filters used.
- Field Queries - fields searched on for advanced searches from the Advanced Search dialog or from a Network widget. Hover over a cell in this column to display the full list of filters used.
The lists of possible values include the most common values for each column. If you don't see the definition for a value that appears in an audit history log in your instance, let us know.
Filter by date
To view results for a specific time period, perform one of the following actions:
Choose a range from the Date range and To fields and click the Get History button.
Click the Choose time period drop down list and select a predefined period; for example, Last 7 days.
Filter by origin
Use the Search Origin at the top of the history to refine the search history by the originating search feature; for example, Search Bar, Advanced Search, CRM Online, and so on.
Click the Search Origin field and select a search origin from the list. You can multiple origins to this field.
Export the audit history
You can export the audit history to your local file system by clicking the Export button.
This downloads the refined history as a .csv file that you can open using a spreadsheet application.