Source rankings A ranked list of systems in order of decreasing "trust" level. enable you to set the priority order for source systems. When incoming records are merged or updated with new or existing data in your Network instance, the rankings determine the data that wins survivorship The process by which the final record is determined as duplicate records are merged, resulting in winning and losing values.. The source rankings ensure that your most trusted sources win survivorship.
- The master source for a record always wins.
- For Veeva OpenData records, Veeva OpenData always wins.
- For third party master sources, the third party data source always wins.
- You can define the priority order at the system level, entity, and field level.
- Entity rankings take precedence over system rankings.
- Field level rankings take precedence over entity rankings.
Enabling this feature
This feature is enabled by default.
Administrators or data managers:
- Create source systems in the Network instance.
- Prioritize the source system to determine survivorship.
The following activities are available depending on the user type:
|Activity||Standard User||Data Steward||Data Manager||Administrator|
|Create source systems||
|Define source system rankings||
|Load source subscriptions|
|View source rankings|