Veeva OpenData email addresses
Within your Veeva OpenData subscription, you can enable the option to include email addresses for HCOs and HCPs for selected countries. Subscribing to Veeva OpenData Email Services ensures that you have a verified, trusted source of email data. You must have a Veeva OpenData subscription for a country to receive Veeva OpenData email address information for that country.
Veeva OpenData Email Services is a separate product from Veeva OpenData in selected countries. To subscribe to this data, contact a Veeva OpenData representative.
Enabling the Email Addresses subscription
After you subscribe to email data, enable the option in your OpenData subscription to start receiving data for that country.
- In the Admin console, click System Interfaces > Veeva OpenData Subscriptions.
- Select a country that is subscribed to Veeva OpenData.
- On the Veeva OpenData Subscription page for that country, in the Field Level Subscriptions section and select Include Email Addresses.
- If the Include Email Addresses option is dimmed, you do not have a subscription to Veeva OpenData. To subscribe to Veeva OpenData, contact a Veeva representative.
- If the Include Email Addresses option is not displayed, email data is included as part of your main Veeva OpenData subscription in that country.
The Veeva OpenData subscription for that country is updated to start receiving email address data for HCPs and HCOs from Veeva OpenData Email Services.
Data model fields
When you subscribe to Veeva OpenData Email Addresses, it means that the following data model fields are maintained by Veeva data stewards:
These are a set of fields. Enabling or disabling one field in this set enables or disables all of the fields in the set. When you enable the subscription, the fields are automatically enabled.
If you do not subscribe to Veeva OpenData Email Addresses, these are locally managed fields that are maintained by your local data stewards.
Email data updates
When you subscribe to field-level subscriptions like Veeva OpenData Email Addresses, the data is not immediately downloaded into your Network instance the next time your OpenData subscription runs. The email data will only be included in the OpenData delta export if the record has been changed by OpenData. You can request updates to specific HCP and HCO records so you can quickly receive this data instead of waiting for it to trickle into your Network instance. For more information, see Request updates to OpenData records.
Local email data
When you subscribe to Veeva OpenData, ensure that your existing email address data isn't overwritten.
Suggestions for preserving locally managed data before syncing with Veeva OpenData:
- Export your data in a target subscription. For more information, see Target subscriptions.
- Run a report on your current fields.
- Preserve data by creating custom fields. For more information, see Create a custom field.
- Reload the previously exported data into the new custom fields.
You can unsubscribe to Veeva OpenData email by clearing the Include Email Addresses checkbox in the Veeva OpenData subscription. If you unsubscribe, the synced email information remains in your Network instance but the email fields become locally managed and your local data stewards will begin maintaining those fields.
Data change requests for emails
If you subscribe to emails for an OpenData country, any data change requests with new emails are routed to OpenData for processing. If OpenData rejects the email and your workflow settings are set to review OpenData rejections, the email is routed to your local data stewards for processing.
If the OpenData country subscription does not subscribe to emails, new emails are routed to local data stewards; they are not routed to Veeva OpenData.