The Data Updater is a feature that administrators and data managers can use to quickly update or merge records. Local files can be created to identify a small set of required fields to complete these jobs.
Data Updater operations:
- Update records - Make simple updates to records.
- Merge records - Bulk merge records by specifying only the Network Entity ID of the winning and losing record.
Data updater benefits
- Users can update and merge records without needing the Network training that the robust source subscriptions feature requires.
- Microsoft Excel® and .csv file are supported. Microsoft Excel files must be .xlsx files only.
- Files that you upload can be stored locally. Users do not need access to your FTP server.
- Data is scanned to ensure it is valid before records are merged.
Enabling this feature
This feature is available by default in your Network instance.
- Update Records - Available by default for administrators and data managers.
- Merge Records - Administrators must enable the Data Updater - Merge Records permission for each user.
The following activities are available depending on the user type:
|Activity||Standard User||Data Steward||Data Manager||Administrator|