What is Network and how do our customers use the product?
Throughout the years many prospective customers asked us to explain how Network is typically used, and what our customers are doing with the product. Probably the best way to explain this is to describe its “Job-to-be-done” - what job our customers are trying to do when they use the product.
In general sense, Network allows life science companies to support their commercial efforts with correct data. This is achieved by making it easy, simple and compliant for our customers to provision and manage the data, and then share this data with all users within the enterprise.
There are many business processes that involve Network and the data it helps produce. Customers use it to:
- Improve sales effectiveness
- Help with calculating territory alignments
- Find new commercial targets
- Understand key accounts, their hierarchies and affiliations
- Supply brand portals and call centre applications with clean data
- Assist with calculating sales compensations
- Support transparency reporting and GDPR compliance
- Prepare market baskets for product launches
- Understand managed markets and build payer’s “spine”
- And many more….
When thinking about Network features, we typically group them into three major categories: Enterprise MDM, Business Applications and Integrations.
This category of Network functionalities covers all the capabilities that allow customers to provision and manage the data in order to come up with the set of “golden” records that will be used throughout their enterprise.
Most of our customers use Network to manage Customer Master records (health care professionals and organizations, their addresses, licenses, affiliations, hierarchies, identifiers etc), but we have now considerable number of clients who manage other MDM domains in Network such as Product, Payer, Employee, Clinical Trials Masters etc.
Network has so far been implemented globally across all the continents in more than 100 countries. Our customers are loading various data sources - some customers purchase data from third party providers, some use OpenData (Veeva’s reference data offering) and some choose to source and steward the data themselves.
Functionalities that are part of the Enterprise MDM module in Network include:
- Features that allow creation of golden records (e.g. setting up match rules and algorithms, defining source survivorship rules, ID generation and cross-reference management, merge rules, calculation of primary address/affiliation etc.)
- Viewing and reporting on data (fuzzy search for records, exploration of hierarchies, viewing record profiles, running ad-hoc and scheduled reports etc.)
- Data modeling features (these include features such as setting up data domains, objects and fields, managing reference values, setting up field calculations formulas etc.)
- Data quality functionalities (running data quality checks, address standardization, data maintenance and data enrichment jobs, data transformation rules etc.)
- Loading, provisioning and exporting the data (managing how data is loaded, tracking jobs, OpenData subscription management, controlling how data is exported from Network etc.)
- Data stewardship features (managing and resolving Add requests and Data change requests, tracking record’s revision history, applying data validation rules etc.)
- System administration (these are features such as logs and audit trails; setting up users, user profiles and groups, Single-sign-on process etc; defining permission rules, creating page layouts etc.)
- Compliance functionalities (supporting the HCP opt-out process, deletion/anonymization of data, US compliance and transparency reporting exports etc.)
- And many more….
Direct users (people who log in to Network UI) of the Enterprise MDM module are data management and data governance teams, IT departments, data stewards, compliance teams, sales operations etc.